What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When ordering though our website, we do request your name, email, company, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. We believe that knowing more about our customers helps us better serve them, so don’t worry you’re information is safe with Sierra Bags.
What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you may be used in a few different ways:
- We like to personalize your experience. We want you to feel at home when ordering from Sierra Bags so that information helps us to create that experience for you. Plus, no two customers or accounts are the same so we use that information to better understand your individual needs.
- We believe in the goal of constant improvement as we know there is always something we can do better so we use the information and feedback we receive to help us to do this.
- Once in a while we also like to send you an email with updates of how we’re doing. Whether we are about to launch a new product line or have an awesome coupon for you to use, we like to pop in and say hello from time to time. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also contact our Customer Service Department to remove, or adjust, email and/or settings.
- We want the best for our customers and want to reassure you that any information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
What measures are taken to protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to these systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- As previously mentioned, we do not and will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This is with the exception of trusted third parties who assist us in operating and maintaining our website and have agreed to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety and only then. We strive to protect and maintain the integrity of our site, and keeping personal what should be personal is a key factor in that.
Third party links
At our discretion, occasionally, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. Please note that these third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies that we have no responsibility or liability of. Although we believe we are incredibly selective about these links, we always welcome feedback and comments about them.